I journal-ed this poem on March 1st, 2019, knowing that this is the month of the woman and March 8 was International Women’s Day. I was inspired by my mom, my daughter’s and my friends. I hope to share this everywhere!
For I thrive on the backs of those before me,
Who let me push the full weight of my soul,
Upon their fighting minds and wise ways.
They, who saw themselves as not inferior,
Not to be owned,
Not to be ignored.
For theirs is a might unlike anything in this world,
A wonder upon which to be revered.
A roar meant to be heard.
We stand alongside humankind,
Being kind, working hard, adding value to…
Thank you to the many of my kind.
The many who fought, the many who continue to fight,
To protect our place in the human race……
Where we all could…
Written on 6/9/97, while sitting on the beach, pondering life, wondering where in the world it would take me. I’m still learning…still feeling my way about. This is my 100th post . Wow!!!!
Day By Day
I must recapture my youth
I’m feeling rather old
Often confused, diving into depths
That are too cold.
My purpose is unknown
With a journey that never ends
Paths too choose
Broken trails to mend.
Life is a question
With no clear answer in sight
But the answer is just around the corner
In the shadow of that light.
See the children laughing
Hear them when at play
Remember all your childlike dreams
And live them, Day by Day.
So for the whole month of February, I’m attempting to post everyday on the topic of love and yes…even sex! But not quite how you think! This will be in the creative form of a layout art piece……yes, I’m digital scrapping my way through this! Hope you enjoy and feel free to pin, print and share!!! Let the LOVE begin!
So excited to share my published poem! It was in the most recent magazine, MAMALODE, out of Missoula Montana.
I actually came across this magazine at Playful Planet Headquarters. Karen had a copy of it on her desk, and I was taken in by the cover. So I wrote the name down and later looked it up online at home. I love the idea have having a themed read each time the mag came out. When I read that they were looking for submissions around the theme of Balance. I decided to try for it.
It really is pretty cool to have your name in print for something you wrote! Though the magazine is mostly centered in Missoula, all the articles are for everyone reading and I feel so honored to be part of this community! Check them out online and if you can get a hold of a copy, consider it time well spent!
Here is the poem…….
I Am The Beam.
I find myself
on a fine line.
Walking on it.
Not a tightrope.
A balance beam.
On one side
I see what
Care, share, and give.
On the other side
what I do for
Seek, find, and create.
In the middle
The lines crossover.
The air is wide.
I realize in my motion
I am the middle.
I am the balance.
I am the beam.
Thanks for letting me share!!!! Cheers to sharing more soon!
Welcome to the July Mindful Mama Carnival: Mindfulness and Nature
This post was written for inclusion in the Mindful Mama Carnival hosted by Becoming Crunchy and TouchstoneZ. This month our participants have shared their experiences of mindfulness and the natural world. Please read to the end to find a list of links to the other carnival participants.
Welcome to my site and to the Mindful Mama Blog Carnival with this months topic: Mindfulness and Nature. We hope you enjoy the carnival, and plan to visit often! After the post be sure to read on to other people who have shared their vision of this month’s topic!
Below is my “walking quest,” that led me to write, Grounded in Nature. What do you find when you are in nature. I for one believe that all the answers to the deep question we seek, are there…in nature.
Grounded In Nature
Then all at once
Light, bold and new
Crisp air that bites sweet.
Deep breath, exhale brisk breath.
I walk. Notice. Take in all around.
The extension of my limbs, roots in the ground.
My senses want. I touch. The earth is full of life.
Growth. Death. Cycles unfold.
Nature so profound.
Simple as can be.
Stop. Look. Listen. Smell, Touch. Taste the vapor in the air.
Though I step along, on top of and through,
I am one with all that is here.
The flowers, the leaves, the water,
I am grounded, deep.
Nature is here. Nature is me.
I am home.
Visit The Mindful Mama Homepage to find out how you can participate in the next Mindful Mama Carnival!
- Zen and the Art of Raising Chickens Jenn at Monkey Butt Junction has found a connection to nature in her very own backyard, thanks to her chickens.
- Healing Gemstones and Crystals for Children Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama discusses which genstones and crystals are best used by children to support physical, emotional, and/or spiritual healing.
- A Gardener’s Meditation Andrea at Tales of Goodness shares how she finds peace and renewal through gardening.
- Weeding My Thoughts Amanda at Let’s Take the Metro discusses how nature keeps her in the moment and stops her endless stream of thoughts.
- Grounded in Nature Rani at OmSheSaid shares her walk in nature, and through expressive words, shares this journey to coming home.
- Embracing the Magic of Moonlit Nights Lucy at Dreaming Aloud shares ways to embrace the magic of moonlit nights with your children and as a woman.
- Meditation for a Mindful Mama Alinka at Baby Web guides you through her research on the science of meditation, its numerous benefits, and presents to you a life changing meditation exercise.
- The Wild Within Naturemummy at Motherhood: My Latest Adventure reflects on the soothing qualities of wild places.
- Nature’s Lessons in Mindfulness Tat at Mum in Search wants to bring the same mindfulness that comes so easily in nature to her relationships.
- On Manicured Nature: We Roam in Small Spaces Featherstory at The Aniweda Dream shares her gratitude for her limited natural settings and her plans to expand her children’s experience with the natural world.
- Garden (Time Out) Meditation Do you ever need a time out for yourself? Amy at Anktangle finds that during a difficult parenting moment, taking pause to spend a few minutes outside is just the thing she needs to be able to experience renewed patience, focus, and energy.
- Nature Makes Me a Better Mother Terri at Child of the Nature Isle could not imagine parenting without Mother Nature.
- Natural Renewal Karen at Playful Planet shares her experiences of reneweal in the natural world.
- Natural History Kenna at A Million Tiny Things gets out into nature, 200 years ago, and isn’t sure she likes it there.
- Nurtured by Nature Darcel at The Mahogany Way shares with us how being in nature helps her feel centered and connected.
- Mindfulness and Nature Zoie at TouchstoneZ explores the connection between mindfulness and the natural world.
- A Sense of Awe and Wonder Kelly at Becoming Crunchy shares the feeling she never fails to get from the natural world and how it guides her to the mindfulness she craves.