While looking in my shed…yes just looking..because working on it would be cleaning and organizing it…and I was just looking! So looking in my shed I came across many old papers and things…
This was one of them printed on parchment paper:
Rules for Being Human
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be your for the duration.
2. You will learn lessons: you are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lesson or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of tria-and-erro and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lesson does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is no better than “here,” you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
7. Others are simply mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you make of them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you have to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.
Not sure where this came from. And some of it resonates for me at different times. But I like it…hope you do to! Funny what you can find when you’re really not looking for it!